Question:

From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

Has there been any research done on the link (if any) between the onset of diabetes and flu vaccinations? I realize that people with diabetes are supposed to have them each year, but read that the shot weakens the immune system with such a force that makes them susceptible to acquiring diabetes.

Answer:

I know of no link. I do know that when scientists have looked at the potential link to other vaccines, there is none. Here in the US, the CDC vaccine scientists have access to medical records for a population base of several million. The case control studies for vaccines have been extensive and led to no evidence of vaccine related diabetes.

I will never be able to convince the whole Internet -- a lot is written with no science. I just am giving you the science as it is available today.