From Greensboro, North Carolina, USA:

I am a 20 year old college student with type 1 diabetes who has recently been experiencing swelling in my ankle and went to the campus health center where they basically told me nothing. My ankle doesn't hurt, and I do not experience any pain, but it is noticeably bigger compared to my other ankle. Should this be something to be concerned with?

If the ankle continues to swell, you need to look into other causes, such as the possibility of a blood clot in the veins of your legs. This can be screened with a noninvasive test in a rapid fashion. Other issues might include the status of your kidneys and any activity-related problems. I would follow this up and not let it continue without resolution.

Posted to Aches and Pains