Question:

From Ontario, Canada:

My son, who has had diabetes for six years and takes four to five injections of insulin daily, wanted me to ask you what would happen if people without diabetes took small amounts of insulin. We are both curious!

Answer:

My first response is don't.

The answer is, of course, entirely dependent upon the dose (or more specifically upon the dose per kg body weight). The risk is hypoglycaemia. There is no justification for anyone without diabetes taking any injected insulin except in the very specific circumstances of a medical investigation.