From Irvine, California, USA:

I am a 35 year old who has type 1 diabetes for more than 20 years and is experiencing significant gastroparesis, but information about treatment of this condition on a real life basis is hard to come by. Do you know of any case management studies or resources? Are there any scientific trials or studies out there that I can take part in?

I empathize with you and realize that this is a problem. I would recommend you refer to the National Institutes of Health web site regarding this.You can see if there are any studies there.

In addition, you can browse the American Diabetes Association or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation web sites to see if they are funding any labs regarding this problem. If there is, you can contact the investigators. They might also know of resources where you live.

Posted to Complications and Research: Other Research