From Clemson, South Carolina, USA:

I am 28 weeks pregnant, and have been on bed rest for three weeks because of an elevated blood pressure (150/85) and have not been able to exercise. I am also on a meal plan that does not include (any) sugars (like sweet tea, soft drinks, fruit juices, desserts, candy etc.) because I had severe morning sickness for the first half of my pregnancy. Recently, results of my three-hour glucose tolerance test were high at one and two hours, but normal at three hours, and my post-meal blood sugars after it were 108-116 mg/dl [6.0-6.4 mmol/L]. Can bed rest for three weeks prior to a GTT affect the results?

I am not aware that bed rest will significantly affect the three hour test. Based on the post-meal glucose results, you may have just mild glucose intolerance. This should respond well to diet only.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes