From Evergreen Park, Illinois, USA:

Does altitude affect an opened bottle of insulin?

It really should have no effect. It is likely that the air was put in at sea level, and there is excess air at a higher altitude, but I doubt you'd see any effect. If you did see one, the insulin might be under pressure and tend to come out if you placed an open needle in the bottle, but I doubt it is enough to cause the syringe plunger to back out.

[Editor's comment: Although you didn't ask it, it should be noted that altitude can have an effect on the functioning of some blood sugar meters. WWQ]