From Greenville, South Carolina, USA:

I recently switched to one bedtime shot of Lantus plus Humalog at meals, and I am planning a trip from the East Coast of the USA to England on an overnight flight. On the return flight, the plane leaves in late morning and arrives in early afternoon. Do you have any thoughts on how to handle the timing of the Lantus injections?

This should not be a major problem. You will have to switch to different time schedules before, during, and after the trip. You might want to think about gradually switching to your European schedule for Lantus (insulin glargine) before the trip so that you won't have wide glucose fluctuations while you are on your trip. In order to shift to European schedule, take the Lantus at gradually different times to correspond to Europe time, beginning one to two weeks before trip. Monitoring frequently during your trip will help you make appropriate adjustments. Note that Europeans, on occasion, have longer meals. Some have to take two shots of Humalog during a long meal.

Have a good time.

Posted to Traveling