From Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA:

Do you know of any programs for Palm Pilots specifically for carb counting? It would greatly help my 12 year old son and us with carb counting (instead of lugging around a bunch of books). If there are any, please tell me how to locate them.

Uwe Trode has written a free program for the Palm Pilot called CarbCheck. This program is designed to run on a palm organizer and allows easy lookup of carbohydrate data for over 200 foods with the supplied database. Depending on the memory of your own palm device, you can add more of your favorite foods to the database.

[Editor's comment: Animas and Therasense are both working on hand-held devices which include a carbohydrate counter. However, I'm not certain whether they will be for use only with their products. SS]

[Editor's comment: Also see Computerized Meal Planning. WWQ]

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Community Resources