From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I am a 35 year old with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), but not diabetes, and I was tested for glucose resistance and found to have no abnormalities. Is there a difference between insulin resistance and glucose resistance? Is there a separate test for insulin resistance? I am asking this because I want more information on using the drug Glucophage (metformin).

Language and vocabulary are confusing in the medical field. I would imagine that the term "glucose intolerance" was used along with "insulin resistance".

Glucose intolerance is when your blood sugars go up too high in response to something eaten. Insulin resistance is a reason for glucose intolerance and suggests that insulin is produced, but has a blunted effect on the target tissues. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is associated with insulin resistance, and Glucophage [metformin] has been used to improve insulin resistance.