Question:

From Fallbrook, California, USA:

I went through an egg donation program, im which I I was put on menopausal drugs (Synarel), and then injections of fertility drugs, and finally an HCG injection 36 hours prior to retrieval. Have you heard of any situations where this can cause blood sugar problems? Since I have donated, I have gained weight, and my sugars feel so low at times that I almost physically get sick.

Answer:

The medications may cause weight gain. This may indirectly induce elevated blood sugars. However, low sugars would not be consistent with diabetes. I am not certain of the origin of your symptoms and would recommend you discuss these with your physician.