From Buffalo, New York, USA:

My 13 year old son has been complaining of headaches and always being thirsty. I have type 2 diabetes, and it runs on both my side of the family and his father's side. Recently I tested my son's sugar with my meter and it was 131 mg/dl [7.2 mmol/L]. Does this mean anything? Is it possible that he could have diabetes also?

It is not possible to make a diagnosis based on some vague symptoms and a random blood sugar determined with portable home glucose meter. If you are concerned, you should make an appointment with your son's doctor, and have a blood sugar and urine done by a clinical laboratory in order to exclude any glucose intolerance.