From New York, New York, USA:

I am a 26 year old with type 1 diabetes for six years in moderate control, and I find that each cup of coffee raises my blood sugar 35-50 mg/dl [1.9-2.7 mmol/L]. I drink approximately two twelve ounce cups of coffee with just two tablespoons of half-and-half, and two Equals in the each cup (no sugar). This rise in blood sugar happens whenever I drink coffee, be it morning or afternoon. Can you please tell me why this happens?

Cream has lactose, a sugar which is broken down into glucose and galactose. Glucose is the sugar elevated with diabetes. Try drinking your coffee black and see if the same thing happens. An additional issue may be that the caffeine activates adrenalin-like hormones in your body, causing the blood glucose to rise.