From Kansas City, Missouri, USA:

A week ago, I found out I am pregnant, and I had gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy. Since then I have exercised every day and have lost weight. If I continue to exercise and eat right, will I get gestational diabetes with this pregnancy? Do you have some type of food plan you might suggest?

Your weight loss and exercise may have reduced your risk of developing gestational diabetes. You will be screened at 24-28 weeks of pregnancy. However, in the meantime you may want to resume the diet you used during your last pregnancy.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes