From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

I switched to Lantus from NPH about three weeks ago, and within a couple of days, I began having really bad headaches on a daily basis about 30 minutes after waking up. Could this be somehow related to the switch, or just coincidence?

You should check blood glucose readings at the times of the headaches; this will let you know if you may need an adjustment of your Lantus (insulin glargine) insulin if the blood sugars are either extremely high or extremely low. It is unlikely that the new insulin is the culprit itself. Please discuss this with your own diabetes team.

Posted to Insulin Analogs