From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

I read that Lantus cannot be mixed with Humalog or Regular. Does this mean that the Lantus and Humalog or Regular must be injected in two separate shots? Does it mean that the longevity of Lantus permits people with diabetes to take only one shot per day without any other insulin?

Lantus (insulin glargine) cannot be mixed with any other insulin, and is really like using an insulin pump. The Lantus is given as basal insulin and Humalog or Regular is given as bolus insulin to cover food intake. I generally do Humalog with meals and Lantus at bedtime to avoid giving two shots at any one time. Sometimes you will need to give both just as two shots. So, if want to use Lantus, you must be willing to give multiple shots.

Posted to Insulin Analogs