From England:

I have type 2 diabetes, diagnosed about a year ago, and I am currently on oral hypoglycemic agents. I have had several bouts of neuralgia on my face and jaw and neck, and I am wondering if there is a connection. The best treatment so far a is hot water bottle. Have you any advice?

I don't think your symptoms are related to your recently diagnosed diabetes, but I don't have actually any further clinical information on that. The only unlikely possibility might be a rare form of somatic diabetic neuropathy. To exclude this possibility, you might want to ask your doctor or diabetes team for further investigation if they think this is worthwhile

Posted to Aches and Pains