From Keene, New Hampshire, USA:

I have been using an insulin pump for the last six years with the bent needle, and for the last last month, I have been experiencing bleeding around the needle. I have tried new sites and still have the same problem after about 12 hours. Can you advise as to what might be the cause?

We have heard from several of our bent-needle users that they have also had some problems with them as of late. We have switched them off the bent needles, and they seem to do fine. I think the manufacturing process might have been changed somewhat. Actually, they are all much happier with the sets where the needle is removed and a tiny plastic catheter is all that remains.

[Editor's comment: By chance, have you started use of aspirin recently? That would aggrevate bleeding and bruising tendencies. WWQ]

Posted to Insulin Pumps