Question:

From Australia:

When will Lantus be available in Australia? I am considering going to Hawaii if it will not be here until next year. Can it be bought over the counter in the US? How much does it cost?

Answer:

I don't believe that Aventis has said when they will make Lantus (insulin glargine) available in Australia. In the U.S. it requires a prescription rather than over-the-counter. One Internet pharmacy, drugstore.com, sells 10 cc vials for $43.95 and three for $122.05, if you have an appropriate prescription.

DM

[Editor's comment: Update: Lantus is now available in Australia. JSH]