From Bakersfield, Vermont, USA:

I am a 26 year old female, my recent A1c was 7.4%, and I had a fasting glucose test done at the same time that was within the normal range. What does this mean if glucose is fine but the A1c is high?

Remember that the hemoglobin A1c is a marker of your average daily blood sugar over a three month period of time. Your isolated fasting blood sugar is just one number that impacts your average blood sugar. Therefore, I would suggest that you monitor at other times besides the fasting. These would include two-hour postprandial and bedtime.