From Ormond Beach, FLorida, USA:

My 19 year old son was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes one month ago. Now he is having a problem with low blood sugars, He has been eating a lot of sugar and carbs to bring his sugars up. His doctor decreased his insulin several times over the past week. His doctor advised that he may be entering the honeymoon phase. Although I have researched this phase, I have not been able to get any real medical data. Can you recommend any good reading on this subject?

The teaching manual we use is Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults, an excellent teaching manual, by Dr Ragnar Hanas, and it is available at this website. Understanding Insulin-Dependent Diabetes by Peter Chase is also excellent. [you can download this without charge at].

Posted to Honeymoon