Question:

From Valparaiso, Indiana, USA:

My husband and my daughter both have type 1 diabetes, and sometimes it is hard to keep faith that a cure will be found. Diabetes is a very profitable disease for both drug companies and physicians. If diabetes is cured wont many drug companies suffer great financial losses? What is your take on this issue?

Answer:

I don't honestly think this is an issue. Any 'cure' will be expensive -- at least in the first instance -- and certainly not available throughout most of the world so I don't believe we need to worry about lack of research on this account.