From Hewitt, Texas, USA:

I have two glucagon kits for my seven year old daughter (one for school, and one for home), and I live in Texas where it is not unusual for the temperatures to reach over 110 degrees. The school keeps the glucagon in the pantry and the air conditioner is turned off on the weekend. How long are they good? Any causes for concern? Should I be storing the glucagon kits in the refrigerator?

I agree it is a good idea to keep Glucagon Emergency Kits in places where your daughter will be: school, grandma's, etc. In general, glucagon kits can be stored at room temperature (generally 59-86 degrees F), but I am not aware of any data that says that they cannot be stored in the fridge. Ask your local pharmacist. Otherwise, I'd suggest that you bring the kit home on the weekends.

[Editor's comment: For either glucagon or insulin or any prescription pills, the label might spell out storage conditions; you can find the label information in the "PDR" (Physician's Desk Reference) at any library or bookstore if it's not in the package the medication came in -- or you or your doctor or pharmacist can contact the manufacturer to get more specific advice about what the manufacturer recommends. WWQ]

Posted to Other Medications