Question:

From Sebring, Florida, USA:

I am so depressed. I feel good for a couple of hours then pow I am light headed, unstable, heart is racing and I have a terrible headache. My boss found me in the walk-in cooler, and I didn't even realize I was in there. This is starting to affect my job.

I was told to use peanut butter in between meals. I am not a big carb eater, meat, high protein is what I usually ate until I fainted at work and found out I have hypoglycemia. My dietitian says no sweets and few carbs -- I am miserable!

I don't understand what is happening to me. My doctor explains, but I don't think I get the concept. She says something about too when there is too much sugar, insulin from pancreas eats it, and my liver is not storing it like it should. How do I get myself stable?

Answer:

I am sorry you are having such a tough time of it. It sounds like you are describing hypoglycemia. However, has this been documented? There are a number of things which cause low blood sugars, and there even more things that can cause the symptoms you describe.

Your doctor has to help you with this one. I am afraid I can't be a lot of help here without more specific data or a more specific question.