From Clear Lake, Minnesota, USA:

Is it possible for you to give me a sliding scale to use at school for my son who is on Humalog? If he is over his goal of 180 mg/dl [10 mmol/L], we told the school to give him 0.5 extra units for every 50 mg/dl [2.8 mmol/L] above 180 mg/dl [10 mmol/L] and 0.5 fewer units for a blood sugar less than 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L]. Is there some kind of chart on this?

Each sliding scale needs to be individualized. Your proposal isn't bad at face value and is about the range I would use. The usual correction factor seems to be 1 unit of Humalog for from somewhere between 20-100 mg/dl [1.1-5.6 mmol/L] of glucose, depending on the child, his age, his weight, etc.

Posted to Daily Care and Insulin Analogs