From Franklin, Kentucky, USA:

My 11 year old daughter is always thirsty, very irritable at times, always sleepy (even after she has slept all night), and hard to arouse at times from a deep sleep. I checked her fasting blood sugar with a meter and it was 96 mg/dl [5.3 mmol/L], I allowed her to eat pancakes with syrup, and then I did a two-hour postprandial sugar which was 144 mg/dl [8 mmol/L]. Should I have further tests done on her? If so, should I take her to a pediatric endocrinologist or a family physician?

Your daughter's two-hour postprandial glucose value of 144 mg/dl [8 mmol/L] fits the criteria for impaired glucose tolerance, but, a diagnosis cannot be based on a meter reading.

Your daughter's family physician or pediatrician will be able to assist you with screening her for any problems related to her blood sugar and will be able to tell you when and if seeing a pediatric endocrinologist is necessary.