Question:

From New Jersey, USA:

I am 59 years old, I have had type 2 diabetes for two years treated with pills, and my average blood sugar is 160-220 mg/dl [8.9-2.2 mmol/L]. I must lose weight, and I need to know what foods I should keep away from because I get very confused.

Answer:

There is not one food to stay away from. It sounds like you need to speak with a dietitian who has expertise in counseling patients with diabetes. It is important to learn how to lose weight, how to eat a lower fat content diet, and how to eat similar amounts of food one day to the next.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Weight and Weight Loss