From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA:

My 15 year daughter has type 1 diabetes, and one night my seven year old son asked to have his blood sugar checked which was 161mg/dl [8.9 mmol/L]. After dinner, I checked it again and it was 395 mg/dl [21.9 mmol/L], 20 minutes later it was 259 mg/dl [14.1 mmol/L], and his fasting the next morning was 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L]. His urine was negative for glucose and ketones. I am very worried and have called his pediatrician. Can a child's blood sugar go this high without having diabetes?

If these are true blood sugars, they likely represent diabetes. Your son's pediatrician will likely confirm the blood tests with additional tests in the physician's office.