Question:

From Bonson, Michigan, USA:

I haven't been able to treat this disease, and now I have spots (two large and several smaller), and my toes have been extremely painful. The big ones get a mound like thing on them and then burst out pus and blood. Is this related to the diabetes? Will this kill me?

Answer:

I cannot tell for sure what is going on from your message, but diabetes can cause nerve damage and problems coping with infections. Blood glucose control is the key to both of these problems. See your doctor as soon as possible for a complete evaluation.