From Greenwood, South Carolina, USA:

My seven year old granddaughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes three months ago, and things are going okay. We have our good days and our not so good days with her blood sugars. She is great about what she can and can't have to eat, but lately in the morning, it takes forever for her to eat breakfast. Could you give me some neat ideas for breakfast that might really make her want to eat faster?

I appreciate your concern with regard to your granddaughter's health and eating habits. It's certainly important that she eat a balanced and healthy breakfast. Some kid-friendly "easy and fast" carb ideas might be: fruit juice, fresh fruit, moderate amounts of sweetened cereals, breakfast cereal bars, Carnation instant breakfast beverages, low calorie yogurts.