From Singapore:

I read a book which said that children with hypoglycemia cannot take proteolytic enzymes. Why?

Without a more exact context I am not sure that can answer your question correctly. I imagine though that the book was referring to the fact that taking proteolytic enzymes orally (as children with cystic fibrosis have to) favours the early release of amino acids like arginine and leucine. These in turn promote insulin release which would be inappropriate in a child already hypoglycemic from carbohydrate deprivation.