From Indiana, USA:

At the age of 18 days, my son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and almost died (his blood sugar level was 1201mg/dl [66.7 mmol/L] by the time we reached the children's hospital.). He now is seven months old, is on Ultralente and Humalog, and his sugars still are unstable ranging from 45 to 500 mg/dl [2.5 to 27.8 mmol/L]. All his doctors say is that he is a learning experience. I am interested in finding out more information on type 1 diabetes.

Besides this website, I feel that Insulin-Dependent Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Adults - How to become an expert on your own diabetes by Ragnar Hanas is an excellent resource. Work closely with your son's diabetes team and do lots of blood glucose readings so that you can best counterbalance such difficult/labile diabetes.