From Valparaiso, Indiana, USA:

I am a school bus driver, and I will be transporting a child who has diabetes. I want to know what to do, besides the obvious of contacting an ambulance, if he passes out or has a seizure. Is there anything that I could do until the paramedics get there?

Treating low blood sugars can be frightening for someone who has no familiarity with diabetes. I would encourage you to learn about low blood sugars. A good place to start is our section on hypoglycemia.

[Editor's comment: Congratulations on wanting this information! It's reassuring for parents with children who have diabetes out there that there are people like you. I only wish more school personnel were as willing to help. SS]

Posted to School and Daycare and Hypoglycemia