From Pasadena, California, USA:

I want to change my career into an area in which I can help children with diabetes. My background encompasses engineering, construction, machinery, and sports. To go back to school would be no problem, even at my age of 41.

There are lots of possibilities for you. You could consider becoming a physician, a nurse, a psychologist, a dietitian, an exercise physiologist, scientist, etc., or you might wish to pursue a career which enables you to work with the diabetes organizations such as the American Diabetes Association or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

I suggest that you consult with a vocational counsellor to determine your aptitudes and help you plan the best course of action.