Question:

From Pasadena, California, USA:

I want to change my career into an area in which I can help children with diabetes. My background encompasses engineering, construction, machinery, and sports. To go back to school would be no problem, even at my age of 41.

Answer:

There are lots of possibilities for you. You could consider becoming a physician, a nurse, a psychologist, a dietitian, an exercise physiologist, scientist, etc., or you might wish to pursue a career which enables you to work with the diabetes organizations such as the American Diabetes Association or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

I suggest that you consult with a vocational counsellor to determine your aptitudes and help you plan the best course of action.

SS