Question:

From the United Kingdom:

I'm not gaining weight, but I'm eating constantly because I'm starving just 10 minutes after a meal, and I'm not excessively thirsty. Five months ago, I had a fasting blood sugar of 7.8 mmol/L [140 mg/dl], but the followup test was normal. Would you suggest I go back to the doctor?

Answer:

A fasting blood sugar of 7.8 mmol/L [140 mg/dl] is abnormally high, especially if you were fasting, and excessive hunger is a symptom of diabetes. I would review your symptoms with your physician since further testing for diabetes would be appropriate.