From Browerville, Minnesota, USA:

I am an overweight 31 year old woman who has had diabetes for 21 years, and I am also on an insulin pump with carb counting. My problem is I am having trouble losing weight. Is there anything that I can do?

This is complicated so I do not think I can give you suggestions for a quick fix. Rather, I would suggest you discuss several issues with your physician. First, are you exercising? It is almost impossible do lose weight without exercise. Second, are your insulin requirements satisfied or are you on too much insulin a eating to keep sugar up? Next, are you carbohydrate counting correctly? Have you sought help from a dietitian or other medical professional for this problem? I would start with these issues and see where it goes.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss