Question:

From Austin, Texas, USA:

I that the combined blood glucose monitor and insulin delivery system, the InDuo, has been "cleared" by the FDA, and should be available sometime in 2001. Do you have any information on when the new InDuo will be available? Can it be used with Lilly's insulin cartridges (such as Humalog), or only those from Novo-Nordisk?

Answer:

My sources indicate that the device will only take Novo cartridges and that the launch date is "next few months."

Additional comments from Sara Hohn, diabetes nurse specialist:

The InDuo will be out in January, 2002 and will use only Novolog cartridges. You cannot use the Lilly Humalog cartridges.

SH