Question:

From Rivesville, West Virginia, USA:

My eight year old son was sent home from school because he wore a pump to school, and we were told he could not come back, so I am looking into this. On your site some time ago, I saw where a family won a law suit in Alabama over a school problem. Can you please tell me how I can find that story?

Answer:

If indeed your son was suspended from school for just wearing an insulin pump, there is something terribly wrong. I suggest you contact your local American Diabetes Association affiliate for assistance with this problem.

I am not sure what case you a referring to. We have a case about glucose monitoring at school posted at Legislative and Legal Issues.

SS

Posted to School and Daycare