From Geneva, Switzerland:

My five month old son had congenital neonatal hypoglycemia, and his mother (my wife) has type 1 diabetes which was pretty well-controlled during her pregnancy. In Europe in general, it is virtually impossible to get medical opinions on the implications of this problem. What are the possible effects and implications? What should we look for? Does this make him prone to developing type 1 diabetes?

I am presuming that your son's neonatal hypoglycemia is now resolved. If so, that is all there is to it. He should be fine.

In families where there is already a first degree relative with type 1 diabetes, the chances of a future or so far unaffected child developing this condition is about 5%; slightly lower if it is the mother.