Question:

From Mt. Clemens, Michigan, USA:

While I was in the hospital, I gained 30 pounds. What can I do at home to help me lose weight? Is there any type of vitamin I can take to help lower my blood sugar?

Answer:

Sorry, but I am not aware of any vitamins that help in losing weight or lowering blood sugar. The obvious choices are the time-honored difficult things to do. Work on your diet and increase your activity. Pharmacologic treatment of obesity and hyperglycemia may be a possibility. However, these treatments require close consultation with your physician.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss and Alternative Therapies and Explanations