From Akron, Colorado, USA:

My six year old daughter always has ketones in her urine, and while she seems to show no other signs of diabetes, hasn't gained nor lost weight in a year. Her doctor now has decided to do blood tests and has also brought up questions about cystic fibrosis. Is it possible that the ketones could mean she might have slight diabetes?

Ketones alone are not likely diabetes, but suggest a state of chronic undernutrition. I would think that some special chemistries and amino acid screens are needed, but it is too complex to discuss in this venue. Ask your daughter's physician for a referral to a pediatric endocrinologist.