From Clearwater, Florida, USA:

I know that Lantus should not be mixed in the same syringe with any other insulin, but are there any restrictions on mixing other types of insulin? Can cocktails of Humalog, Regular, NPH, Lente, and Ultralente be created in the same syringe?

Most insulins (namely Humalog, Regular, NPH, Lente and Ultralente) except Lantus (insulin glargine) can be mixed. However, when insulins are mixed, their actions can be slightly altered, which can be somewhat unpredictable when more than two insulins are being mixed in an insulin cocktail.

I'm unaware if mixing insulin is an actual "FDA approved" use of the insulins, but it certainly is a widely and successfully used practice.