Question:

From Houston, Texas, USA:

When I was pregnant with my now seven year old daughter, I had gestational diabetes treated with insulin. Now, she has a weight problem, is going into puberty very rapidly, has been complaining about headaches recently, and she wears glasses. Is there a possibility that my gestational diabetes would affect her now?

Answer:

It is unlikely that your gestational diabetes has any relation to the current problems your daughter is having. However, gestational diabetes places you at increased risk for type 2 diabetes in the future. Please read What is Gestational Diabetes?

Posted to Gestational Diabetes