Question:

From Haddon Heights, New Jersey, USA:

I am an adult with an A1c of 7.5% and a blood sugar of 104 mg/dl [5.8 mmol/L]. Is there any medication to lower this?

Answer:

This is a very open ended question. If your question is how to lower the hemoglobin A1c further, I have some suggestions. First, make sure you are monitoring your blood sugar often enough to see any potential elevations during the day. This is especially important if there is a reproducible pattern. If no pattern, work on decreasing lows. See your physician and make sure you are both thinking the same thing.