From the United Kingdom:

About two years ago I went to the doctor complaining of extreme tiredness, weight loss, frequent urination, stomach cramps, vomiting, excessive thirst, and tingling fingers. She took a blood test for diabetes which was okay. Although I do feel much better than I did, the weight is still falling off, and I am still extremely light headed. The thing is all these symptoms seem to lead to diabetes, but I have not tested positive for this!

Since I really don't know your history, and I am not able to physical exam on the Internet, it is really hard to address your question. Your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of diabetes, but they may be also present in many other diseases. Your doctor should be more helpful in establishing a correct diagnosis, and if not, ask for a referral to a specialist doctor..

[Editor's comment: First of all, ask for a recheck on the blood sugar test. The timing of the sample (fasting, random, or postprandial) would influence how high a level is considered abnormal. See Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes for further information.

Occasionally, lab blood sugar testing might be normal in an early case of diabetes, repeat blood sugar testing at the same or a different time, or performing a glucose tolerance test, might be appropriate if there is a high suspicion of diabetes despite normal initial testing. Another test, the glycosylated hemoglobin, might be used to help confirm a suspected diagnosis of diabetes, but the GHB (also called HbA1c or A1c) is not usually considered as appropriate to make an initial diagnosis. Antibody testing is occasionally done as a screening test in high-risk situations, or as confirmatory of type 1A (autoimmune) diabetes, but is not part of routine testing. WWQ]