From Agra, India:

I have been using a mixture of NPH and Humalog insulin twice a day for the last four and a half years, but I have wide fluctuations in my blood sugar levels and my hemoglobin A1c won't go below 9.5%. Kindly suggest.

Your insulin regimen is a very basic one, and your problem is very frequent. More needs to be known regarding your blood sugars throughout the day. Where are you high? Where are you low? What is the variability in your eating, activity, and daily schedule? All these things make a difference.

If you can, I would recommend you see a diabetes specialist and/or a diabetes education team who can bring together some of this practical information and help you decide on a new variation for your insulin therapy.