From Dumfries, Virginia, USA:

My three year old son has had type 1 diabetes for two years. Do you know of any studies for a child that age? If so, please send me some information as to where I can sign him up for a study.

Sorry, but I am not aware of any clinical research studies or protocols that involve such a young child with type 1 diabetes. Most research studies involving folks with type 1 diabetes involve older adults, who often already have complications. However, your family might qualify for a national study looking to prevent diabetes in people at high risk, such as being related to a patient with type 1 diabetes. Ask your son's diabetes team for the closest center involved in the DPT-1.

Posted to Research: Other Research