From Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA:

I would like to start checking my daughter's post-meal blood sugar. What is the standard length of time I should wait before checking this?

Most health professionals advise that postprandial blood sugars should be checked two hours after meals. The reason we suggest you wait two hours is that the food peaks in about an hour so blood glucoses are higher from the food, and then once the food gets absorbed the blood glucose comes back down. After three hours, it should be back to baseline. You may want to check with your daughter's diabetes team for specific targets.