From Columbus, Ohio, USA:

I am 39 years old, male, I was diagnosed 20 years ago, and I have been taking insulin ever since. My current c-peptide level is under 0.1 (which seems way too low, but possible), and I am wondering if there is any average reading for C-peptide. I have been seeing other questions from people with levels of 1.0-3.0.

If you have had diabetes and have been on insulin for 20 years, I suspect you have type 1 diabetes, so it is not surprising that your C-peptide reflects almost no insulin production. It is likely that the people who report c-peptide levels of 1.0-3.0 either have type 2 diabetes or have recently been diagnosed with type 1 (i.e. before the beta cells have become completely nonfunctional).