Question:

From South Africa:

My 64 year old father has diabetes for which he takes Glycomin (glyburide [a pill for type 2 diabetes] and has recently started complaining about headaches. He has a heart condition which is a matter of concern as well. He is using Equal, and his headaches have become so severe that at times he becomes dizzy and has blurred vision. Any idea of what might cause that?

Answer:

Any answer would be a guess. He needs to see a physician to understand better whether these are vascular headaches, headaches associated with cerebral ischemia, or any number of other problems. I do not think this is from Equal.

Posted to Aches and Pains