Question:

From London, United Kingdom:

I am a child psychiatrist, and, in association with a local paediatric diabetic home care team, I am setting up a psychoeducational support group for adolescents with various adjustment problems to their diabetes. Are you aware of any literature in this area which might help us?

Answer:

There is an extensive literature on adolescents and diabetes (about 15-20 years worth of research). I recommend you begin by searching through PubMed or Medline, and PsychLit. Barbara Anderson, Margaret Grey, and Timothy Wysocki are authors who have extensively written about this issue, but there are many, many more as well.

JWB